The Saint-Laurent church was set up at the end of the 17th century in Schoelcher street. Its plan is cross shaped with a central nave, two sides and a chorus. Its stained-glass windows, are protected and registered in the Historic Monuments Inventory since 1995, as well as the two plainted panels dating from 1955, located at the entry.
Several personalities and saints are represented on the glass windows. A characteristic of the church: The splendid vault of angle, a furnace bridge dedicated to the Virgin Mary and facing another one dedicated to Joseph. Monseigneur Soubie who was the priest of the Lamentin’s parish during more than 20 years, has been resting in this church since July 1954.