Rue de la liberté 97200 Fort de France

An architectural masterpiece, built according to Henri Picq’s plans, the building was first presented in 1889 in Paris. It was then dismantled and transported by boat to Fort de France, and has hosted from 1893 a collection of pieces offered by Victor Schœlcher,a French politician in favour of the abolition of slavery in the French colonies in the 19th century.

Price:

Free admission
05 96 55 68 30

Rue de la liberté 97200 Fort de France

Get Directions